Sunday, December 15, 2019

Where You Stand and Why


After much thought, I’ve reached a conclusion. I will not, of my accord, lose a dear friend simply because your political views differ from mine. I will not discuss politics with you. History, science, and other fact-based or thought-inspired topics await us in legion. None of us will live long enough to exhaust the storehouse. If you bring up current politics, My response will be, “Our views differ.” Although not a particularly religious person, my views find basis in the Beatitudes, from The Sermon on the Mount. If yours don’t, you keep your Leviticus and I’ll keep my Galilean. Let’s talk about the 75 percent of things we likely agree upon. My only caveat is that if your beliefs force you into harmful actions against a decent person who means no one harm. It may well be Auf Wiedersehen.

Notice I didn't say "perfect person." I don't run across many in my day-to-day wanderings.

No comments:

Post a Comment